Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.32Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding Environmental Issues provides an excellent foundation for developing critical thinking about contemporary environmental concerns and the ways in which these are debated, represented and managed. The book should achieve its aim of stimulating students to engage with how ideas of sustainability and environmental justice can be applied both in policy and in practical action. - Gordon Walker, Lancaster Environment Centre, Lancaster University The arena of environmental issues is a minefield for undergraduate students seeking clarity about key problems and solutions. This is where Understanding Environmental Issues will play a major role, providing a stimulating guide through the wealth of material and complex ideas. In particular the unification of social and physical science in the case studies provides a holistic approach to the subject that is essential for students and a refreshing invation for environmental textbooks. - Anna R. Davies, Trinity College, University of Dublin There is w an unprecedented interest in, and concern about, environmental problems. Understanding Environmental Issues explains the science behind these problems, as well as the ecomic, political, social, and cultural factors which produce and reproduce them. This book: * Explains, clearly and concisely, the science and social science necessary to understand environmental issues. * Describes - in section one - the philosophies, values, politics, and techlogies which contribute to the production of environmental issues. * Uses cases on climate change, waste, food, and natural hazards in section two to provide detailed illustration and exemplification of the ideas described in section one. The conclusion, a case study of Mexico City, draws together the key themes Vivid, accessible and pedagogically informed, Understanding Environmental Issues will be a key resource for undergraduate and taught postgraduate students in Geography, Environment, and Ecology; as well as students of the social sciences with an interest in environmental issues.
- Author BiographyMike is a seasoned operations executive and management consultant with 27 years of hands-on experience across a range of industries and has held senior operational management roles for global corporates such as Smiths Industries, Lucas, Plessey, Siemens before channelling his capabilities towards small to medium enterprises and start-ups such as Keycorp and Cyberlynx Procurement Services.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/05/2008
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, maps, figures
- Weight499 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDr. Alan Patterson,Mike Turner,Susan Buckingham
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.