All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding Ethics explains the basics of ethical philosophy and applied moral reasoning to contemporary and perennial human dilemmas: truthtelling and honest; sex, love and morality; life, death and bioethics; public responsibility and political ethics; business and professional ethics; environmental ethics; global ethics; and, new to this edition, war, terrorism and violence. Discussion of 'values education' and how to cultivate an ethical life round off this invaluable guide to understanding ethics. Contemporary topics covered include: Key bioethical issues such as: stem cell research, cloning and genetic patents, genetically modified cropping, biodiversity, and impact on developing countries. Key themes in education and the workplace such as: ethics for teachers and schools, and ethics of disciplinary processes. Global themes: ethics of population and poverty, global governance and global citizenship. New chapter on War Terrorism and Violence includes material on: capital punishment, war including 'just war theory', and terrorism and torture. Environmental themes: Earth Charter and eco justice; animal rights; ethics, global warming and energy policy. Sexuality: same sex marriage and human rights.
- PublisherFederation Press
- Date of Publication28/11/2007
- Place of PublicationAnnandale, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintFederation Press
- Weight372 g
- Width153 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.