All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding Fluid Flow takes a fresh approach to introducing fluid dynamics, with physical reasoning and mathematical developments inextricably intertwined. The 'dry' fluid dynamics described by potential theory is set within the context of real viscous flows to give fundamental insight into how fluids behave. The book gives a flavour of theoretical, experimental and numerical approaches to analysing fluid flow, and implicitly develops skills in applied mathematical modelling of physical systems. It is supplemented by movies that are freely downloadable.
- Author BiographyGrae Worster studied Mathematics at Cambridge University and gained a PhD in Geological Fluid Mechanics. He was an Instructor in Applied Mathematics at MIT, a Research Fellow at Trinity College, Cambridge and an Assistant Professor at Northwestern University before finally returning to Cambridge University in 1992, where he is Professor of Fluid Dynamics. Within the Institute of Theoretical Geophysics, his research encompasses the dynamics of buoyancy-driven flows associated with solidification and melting.
- Author(s)Grae Worster
- PublisherCambridge University Press (South Africa)
- Date of Publication29/10/2009
- Series TitleAims Library Series
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintCambridge University Press (South Africa)
- Content Note20 b/w illus.
- Weight150 g
- Width142 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.