All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.64Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding Housing Defects provides a concise, coherent and comprehensive introduction to the causes, investigation and diagsis of defects in domestic buildings. For this new edition, many of the chapters have been substantially updated and new photographs have been added. There are four new chapters covering: * How defects are defined * An overview of building and architectural history * External joinery and painted finishes * Environmental and health- related building problems Many of the 21 chapters cover a specific building element and include a brief introduction setting out construction principles and the evolution of current practice. All of the chapters consider the identification, cause and diagsis of common (and sometimes t so common) defects. This book is a must have for all those students and practitioners who require a broad understanding of housing defects. Building surveyors, general practice surveyors, architects, estate agents, housing officers and anyone involved in the management and maintenance of property as well as its construction will benefit hugely from this highly informative full-colour text. Written by the authors of The Construction of Houses, the book is also the natural companion to this bestselling textbook.
- Author BiographyDuncan Marshall, BSc, MCIOB, MIMBM was a Chartered Builder and Senior Lecturer at the University of the West of England, UK. Derek Worthing, BSc, MPhil, MRICS is a Chartered Building Surveyor and was formerly a Principal Lecturer at the University of the West of England, UK. He now works as a consultant and a Visiting Lecturer. He is also a Visiting Professor at Uppsala University in Sweden. Roger Heath, FRICS, FFB is a Chartered Building Surveyor and was formerly a Senior Lecturer at the University of the West of England, UK. He now works as a Visiting Lecturer. Nigel Dann, BSc, MSc, MIOC, ICIOB was a Senior Lecturer at the University of the West of England, UK, and now works as a consultant and Visiting Lecturer in the UK, France and Belgium (KU Leuven).
- Author(s)Derek Worthing,Duncan Marshall,Nigel Dann,Roger Heath
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/01/2013
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEstates Gazette
- Content Note255 colour illustrations, 20 black & white tables, 945 colour illustrations
- Weight1610 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.