All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionChristians today often bring their own suppositions and assumptions to the reading of the Bible, t realizing how deeply their understanding of Christ's life and teachings is affected by a modern worldview. In this book Joe Amaral delves deep into Jewish history, societal mores and cultural traditions, closing the gap created by geographical distance and over two thousand years of history. Using a chrological approach to the life of Christ, he guides the reader through significant events such as Jesus' birth, baptism and crucifixion, pointing out illuminating details that the Western mind would rmally miss. The premise is that to understand Jesus, we must understand the time and place in which he was born, the background from which he drew his illustrations and the audience he spoke to. Topics include the connection between Jesus and John the Baptist, the annual Feasts and why they are important to modern Christianity, Jewish customs such as foot-washing, clean and unclean foods, paying tribute to political governments and the significance of various miracles.
- Author BiographyJo Amaral grew up a bit of a rebel but credits a youth pastor as a major factor in his conversion and decision to enter the ministry. In 2002 he first visited Israel and learned about the culture from his tour guide, a Messianic Jew. He now operates a ministry conducting tours of the Holy Land several times a year and teaching on the Jewish roots of Christianity.
- Author(s)Joe Amaral
- PublisherTime Warner Trade Publishing
- Date of Publication07/07/2011
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight192 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.