All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe new era of Google, Twitter and Facebook has fundamentally shifted the journalist's relationship with the audience. To navigate these new realities, it is imperative for journalism students to master skills in cross-platform writing, and understand the implications on their communication decisions. This second edition of Understanding Journalism tackles these changes head-on. It integrates media and cultural theory with the step-by-step development of writing skills to give students the techniques and the savvy they need to succeed. Bigger and better, this new edition includes: * A new chapter on who journalists are in the social media age * Reorganization of journalism skills chapters to bring writing and editing to the fore * Full coverage and examples on Twitter, social media, SMS formats * In-depth exploration of the ethical issues raised by new media platforms * All new exercises, case scenarios and further readings It is the essential guide for all students of journalism.
- Author BiographyLynette Sheridan Burns has been a journalist for 25 years first in Sydney, then regional new South Wales, where she won three consecutive journalism awards. In 1989 she moved to the University of Newcastle, Australia, where she established its journalism program in 1992. Today she combines teaching with freelance journalism and award-wining research into problem-based curriculum design.
- Author(s)Lynette Sheridan Burns
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight363 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.