All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding LED Illumination elucidates the science of lighting for light emitting diodes. It presents concepts, theory, simulations, and new design techniques that shine the spotlight on illumination, energy efficiency, and reducing electrical power consumption. The text provides an introduction to the fundamentals of LED lamp design, and highlights the principles of large-space and 3D object illumination for developing competitive LED lamps. The first part of the book discusses lamp output metrics and characterization methods, while the second part of the book explores certain retail and prototype lamp comparisons with theory, simulations and experiments It details the light propagation and distribution characteristics of LED light sources for general illumination applications, and presents design and simulation requirements for LED lamps suited for real-world applications. It also addresses light generation, efficiency, theoretical limits, efficiency limiting factors, and LED lamp design elements. * Emphasizes the lighting aspects for LED lamps: quality and improvement * Describes the basics of junction diode and the intricacies of compound semiconductor optoelectronic properties including the thermal, electrical, optical, and mechanical aspects * Explains the challenges of LED lighting in scientific and mathematical terms * Includes case studies from Osram Optosemiconductors, Sylvania, and Phillips, GE, and others The book characterizes several LED replacement lamps for household and commercial lighting and discusses a vel design for improving tubular LED replacements. It takes the mysteries out of solid-state lighting for lighting designers, and helps LED scientists and engineers effectively design their products to provide high-quality illumination.
- Author BiographyM. Nisa Khan received her bachelor's degree in physics and mathematics from Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota, and her master's and PhD degrees in electrical engineering from the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis. In 2006, she started an independent research and engineering company in LED lighting and has been involved in innovation and technology development for making solid-state lighting more suitable for general lighting. Dr. Khan performs feasibility studies for LED lighting used in entertainment and signage industries and offers platform design and development solutions for general lighting applications. Since 2007, she has been writing the LED Update column for Signs of the Times magazine.
- Author(s)M. Nisa Khan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication18/09/2013
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note137 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.