All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding Land Warfare provides a thorough grounding in the vocabulary, concepts, issues and debates associated with modern land warfare. The book is a thematic, debate-driven analysis of what makes land warfare unique; how it interacts with the other environments; the key concepts that shape how it is executed; the trade-offs associated with its prosecution; and the controversies that continue to surround its focus and development. Understanding Land Warfare contains several key themes: * the difficulty of conducting land warfare * the interplay between change and continuity * the growing importance of co-operation * the variety of ways in which land warfare is fought; the competing theoretical debates; the tensions and trade-offs. This book will be essential reading for military personnel studying on cadet, intermediate and staff courses. In addition, it will also be of use to undergraduate and postgraduate students of military history, war studies and strategic studies.
- Author BiographyChristopher Tuck is a Lecturer with the Department of Defence Studies, King's College, London, based at the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom. Prior to this, he was a lecturer at the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst.
- Author(s)Christopher Tuck
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note19 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.