All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Marshall McLuhan first coined the phrases global village and the medium is the message in 1964, -one could have predicted today's information-dependent planet. No-one, that is, except for a handful of science fiction writers and Marshall McLuhan. Understanding Media was written twenty years before the PC revolution and thirty years before the rise of the Internet. Yet McLuhan's insights into our engagement with a variety of media led to a complete rethinking of our entire society. He believed that the message of electronic media foretold the end of humanity as it was kwn. In 1964, this looked like the paraid babblings of a madman. In our twenty-first century digital world, the madman looks quite sane. Understanding Media: the most important book ever written on communication. Igre its message at your peril.
- Author BiographyMarshall McLuhan (1911-1980) Communications theorist, born in Canada. He is known as the original high guru of media culture and appeared in Woody Allen's Annie Hall as himself.
- Author(s)Marshall McLuhan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/05/2001
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleRoutledge Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.