All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis 2nd edition of Understanding Our Environment has been reworked and greatly updated, providing a modern introductory level text for students of pollution and environmental chemistry. The book describes the basic concepts in relation to the chemistry of the atmosphere, freshwaters, oceans and soils, as well as the ways in which pollutants behave in these media (exemplified by case studies based upon topical environmental problems). It also examines the transfer of pollutants between different environmental compartments, the monitoring of the environment, the ecological and human health effects of chemical pollution, ecomics and regulatory control. Again case studies are used throughout. This unique introductory text is essential reading for students on undergraduate and first year postgraduate courses dealing with pollution and environmental chemistry, as well as for scientists and engineers in industry, public service and consultancy who require a basic understanding of environmental processes.
- Author BiographyRoy Harrison OBE is Queen Elizabeth II Birmingham Centenary Professor of Environmental Health at the University of Birmingham. In 2004 he was appointed OBE for services to environmental science. Professor Harrison's research interests lie in the field of environment and human health. His main specialism is in air pollution, from emissions through atmospheric chemical and physical transformations to exposure and effects on human health. Much of this work is designed to inform the development of policy.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication01/03/1999
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight840 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byR. M. Harrison
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.