All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a key introduction to the theory, concepts and practice of the person-centred approach, through the lens of the practitioner's experience and personal development. Writing as someone who has been through real life challenges and has developed and learned as a result, the author's strikingly personal style t only helps to contextualise complex and nuanced theory, but makes this a truly unique book about real person-centred practice and experience. From Roger's early philosophy through to the current developments and controversies in the field, the author uses personal testimonies, exercises and reflection points to make challenging concepts and practice issues accessible for the vice reader. What results is an informative and fascinating read for all those training and interested in the person-centred approach.
- Author BiographyChristine has been a person-centred practitioner for 20 years; she works privately as a counsellor/psychotherapist and supervisor and as a trainer at LC&CTA. LC&CTA, a private counsellor training organisation, was co-founded by Christine and Juanita Harriot in 2007 with the support of Dame Ruth Silver when the Counsellor Training department at Lewisham College was disbanded. Over the years Christine has trained and supervised over 300 practitioners, and has worked with a diversity of clients from all walks of life. Christine and Juanita have encouraged their students to participate in research and LC&CTA students have been successfully selected to present Research Posters at the BACP National Research Conference for seven consecutive years; winning two Conference Research Awards. Her own research work has focused on 'The Other Characteristic'/'Relational Depth' and she has presented four research papers at national level. Christine has a chequered history, much of which she shares in this book to experientially example person-centred theory. She lived in Germany for six years and in her late twenties she back-packed across three continents, settling in Nepal for a year; her encounters with human difference has greatly increased her love of diversity and varied cultures in all their manifestations. With Juanita and their team of associates, Christine is dedicated to providing access to quality practitioner training to students from all backgrounds. She profoundly believes that a counsellor's practical ability to process and be an effective practitioner are of far greater importance than his or her ability to academically demonstrate an understanding of theory; however, she does not underestimate the importance of the latter, especially in relation to clinical practice.
- Author(s)Christine Brown
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication22/12/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight454 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.