All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.52Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionGiovanni Civardi has built a formidable reputation worldwide for his skills as both an artist and a teacher, and here he provides a unique introduction to the art of drawing perspective and structure. There are sections on aerial, linear, central linear, two-point and three-point perspective as well as chapters on using construction lines, projected shadows and reflections. We also learn a little bit about how perspective and structure have been used throughout the history of art. Finally the artist shows through his own superb drawings how the techniques and principles learned can be put into practice. The focus of the book is very much on Giovanni's exquisite work and the accompanying text provides concise, clearly written explanations of the subject, including materials, equipment and practical considerations, and the author's in-depth kwledge of the subject is apparent throughout. This is therefore an ideal introduction to drawing perspective, for the absolute beginner, as well as a source of information and inspiration for artists of all abilities.
- Author BiographyGIOVANNI CIVARDI was born in Milan in 1947. While training to become a sculptor, portrait artist and illustrator at the Free Life-Study School of the Accademia di Brera, he also studied medicine and surgery. For over a decade, he worked as an illustrator, producing commissions for newspapers, magazines and book covers. During frequent trips to France and Denmark, Civardi put on one-man exhibitions of this work and pursued his interest in studying the relationship between medical anatomy and the human form as depicted by the artist. His experience gained from teaching anatomy, life drawing and portraiture in schools and institutions over many years has led to the publication of numerous books in which Civardi's experiences are brought into focus.
- Author(s)Giovanni Civardi
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication16/07/2012
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleThe Art of Drawing
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note100 black & white illustrations
- Weight302 g
- Width210 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.