Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionGambling has recently become a major mainstream leisure activity. For most people it is an enjoyable, exciting entertainment, but for a mirity it becomes a destructive dependency. This practical book is designed for those involved with a problem gambler, such as clients, partners or family members. The author explores some of the motivations and attractions of gambling; discusses the transition from social to problem gambling, and how gambling dependency develops; describes strategies for breaking through the barrier of denial; and explores relapse prevention and the vital role of helping agencies.
- Author(s)Paul Bellringer
- PublisherFree Association Books
- Date of Publication01/10/1999
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFree Association Books
- Weight360 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.