All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublic Law is concerned with the law governing the institutions of the state and the relationship between the state and the individual, and is a core subject for all students reading for a qualifying law degree. This concise, student-friendly guide will help equip students with an understanding of the key aspects of the UK's political and legal systems as well as building an understanding of the relationship between the different branches of the state such as the executive, legislature and judiciary. Understanding Public Law provides a consideration of the main themes in a logical, progressive manner, highlighting the broader political and social contexts, and focusing on how and why the law has developed as it has. Throughout the text, key terms are identified and explained from the outset, helping students new to the subject familiarize themselves with the vocabulary of public law; chapter outlines and summaries help to focus the reader on the key topics; and a set of self-test questions at the end of each chapter encourage students to consider and reflect on what has been learnt. Understanding Public Law is the ideal introduction to this essential subject.
- Author BiographyHilaire Barnett, BA, LLM, was previously at Queen Mary, University of London, and is the author of the best-selling textbook, Constitutional and Administrative Law, also published by Routledge-Cavendish.
- Author(s)Hilaire Barnett
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/09/2009
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Cavendish
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight416 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.08Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.