All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the early twenty-first century, perhaps no political ideology has become more important -- yet less understood -- in the Western world than Radical Islam or Islamism, the fundamentalist ideology that holds the jihad or Â« Holy War against infidels as the ultimate service to God and the highest obligation of every Muslim. Understanding Radical Islam outlines and discusses the major tenets, segments, developments, problems, and contradictions surrounding Islamism and its impact on global politics in the twenty-first century. The book details the people, policies, and events associated with Islamism, as well as the cultural clashes between Islamism and the West. Understanding Radical Islam should be a major addition to any collegiate class in Middle Eastern politics, political theory, and ideology.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Brian R. Farmer received his Ph.D. in political science from Texas Tech University, where his major field of study was comparative politics with an emphasis on conflict between the developed West and lesser developed countries. Dr. Farmer has authored six other books, more recently focusing on political ideologies and ideological conservatism. He is currently Professor of Social Sciences at Amarillo College.
- Author(s)Brian R. Farmer
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight350 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.