Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionCan baboons read? That is the thought-provoking question that opens this wonderfully accessible book for trainee and practising primary school teachers to fully understand the process of reading comprehension. Comprehension is an essential component of learning to read and a successful teacher of reading will have a portfolio of different strategies and approaches that take in to account that children learn to read in different ways. This book supports the development of student and practising teachers' subject kwledge by providing detailed guidance in to the reading comprehension process, along with practical strategies and lesson ideas for use in the classroom. Drawing from educational and psychological research, coverage includes: * School-based activities in every chapter *An in-depth focus on the inference making process *The role of vocabulary and syntax in comprehension *Cognitive and meta-cognitive processes including the use of memory *Advice on developing effective classroom talk with different groups of children *Using different text genres and selecting texts Why t preview the first chapter? Read Chapter 1: Locating Reading It's a great starting point for discussion and debate on 'what is reading'.
- Author(s)Wayne Tennent
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication14/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight499 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.