All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThe National Parenting Center Seal of Approval Winner Holiday 2008 Shortlisted for Speech Pathology Australia's Book of the Year in the lower primary category Answering the question Why is Sam different?, this heartwarming story tells of the challenges of living with Asperger Syndrome, a form of autism. This firsthand view of the life of an undiagsed child presents behaviors and characteristics that are common among children with this disorder. Sam doesn't like his pancakes to touch, his sister is anyed with his repetitive song, and his new coat hurts his skin, but once he is diagsed, teamwork-based support helps Sam's life become a little easier. With endearing illustrations, the book includes 10 helpful tips geared toward children, showing them how to respect and accept differences as well as to interact with a classmate or friend with Asperger Syndrome.
- Author BiographyClarabelle van Niekerk is the resident artist for the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, the founder of the London Puppet Theatre, and winner of many international awards, including the Perry Cumberland Excellence in Puppetry Award and the Educator of the Year Award for Children with Special Needs. She lives in Meadville, Pennsylvania. Liezl Venter, MA, CCC-SLP has worked in various clinical settings in the the United States and abroad, specializing in children disagnosed with autustic spectrum disorders and Asperger Syndrome. She is also a certified member of the American Speech Language Hearing Association.
- Author(s)Clarabelle van Niekerk,Liezl Venter
- PublisherSkeezel Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationErie
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkeezel Press
- Content Notecolour illus
- Weight226 g
- Width203 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $174.65
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $42.41
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $38.29
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.