All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding Social Media provides a critical and timely conceptual toolbox for navigating the evolution and practices of social media. Taking an interdisciplinary and intercultural approach, this book provides a clear and concise explanation of the key concepts but also goes beyond specific brands, sites and practices to show readers how to place social media more critically within the changing media and cultural landscape. As an aid to understanding, key concepts in each chapter are illustrated by case studies to give real-world examples of theory in action. Cutting across the many dimensions of social media, from the political, ecomic and visual, this book explores the industries, ideologies and cultural practices that are increasingly becoming part of global popular culture.
- Author BiographySam Hinton is Senior Lecturer in Media, Arts and Design Faculty at the University of Canberra, Australia. Larissa Hjorth is Professor in the Games Program at the School of Media & Communication, at RMIT University, Australia.
- Author(s)Larissa Hjorth,Sam Hinton
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/06/2013
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleUnderstanding Contemporary Culture Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight259 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.