All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.83Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionIn increasing numbers, general education teachers are faced with the task of educating students with disabilities in their classrooms, and many beginning teachers are t prepared for the diverse classroom that awaits them. The cases in this book are written from the viewpoint of general education teachers, with the goal of providing them with the information and tools to improve their ability to approach this task with confidence. As participants process the cases in this book, they will learn to collect and evaluate data, identify important concepts, apply legal requirements, develop hypotheses, and create or defend arguments. Through introductory materials included in each chapter, the major provisions of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) are outlined in easy and understandable terms and illuminated through the cases presented. Discussion questions, links to websites, and suggested activities are included in each chapter.
- Author BiographyDr. Gentry earned her doctorate degree in special education disability policy and leadership from Virginia Commonwealth University. She worked as a special education teacher before serving as a district level administrator of special education. Currently, Dr. Gentry is an assistant professor at the University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, Virginia. She teaches special education coursework, professional development courses, and supervises student teachers. Dr. Hooper earned her Ph.D. in special education is from George Mason University. She has experience as both a general and special education teacher at the middle and elementary levels and has taught in inclusive settings for fifteen years. Additionally, Dr. Hooper has served as a district-wide special education director and as a professor of special education at the University of Mary Washington.
- Author(s)Norah S Hooper,Roberta Gentry
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication29/06/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight372 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.