All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionAddressing 30 statistical myths in the areas of data, estimation, measurement system analysis, capability, hypothesis testing, statistical inference, and control charts, this book explains how to understand statistics rather than how to do statistics. Every statistical myth listed in this book has been stated in course materials used by the author's clients, by employers, or by experts in training thousands. Each myth is an unconditional statement that, when taken literally and at face value, is false. All are false under some conditions while a few are t true under any condition. This book explores the conditions that render false the universality of the statements to help you understand why. In the book, six characters discuss various topics taught in a fictional course intended to teach students how to apply statistics to improve processes. The reader follows along and learns as the students apply what they learn to a project in which they are team members. Each discussion is like a Platonic dialogue. The purpose of a Platonic dialogue is to analyze a concept, statement, hypothesis, or theory through questions, applications, examples, and counterexamples, to see if it is true, when it is true, and why it is true when it is true. The dialogues will help readers understand why certain statements are t always true under all conditions, as well as when they contradict other myths.
- Author BiographyKicab Castaneda-Mendez, founder of Process Excellence Consultants, Chapel Hill, NC, provides consulting and training on operational excellence using lean Six Sigma methodologies, balanced scorecard and Baldrige framework.
- Author(s)Kicab Castaneda-Mendez
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication25/12/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note37 black & white illustrations, 32 black & white tables
- Weight975 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.