Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.58Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.63Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does a horse think, what does it see, hear, smell and feel, and how do emotions affect the horse s existence? This book helps the reader take the first step on a journey of discovery. If we can understand the way horses see the world in every sense of the word we can unlock the key to their emotions and understand what prompts them to do certain things. By highlighting many characteristics of the horse that are often overlooked by owners and riders for instance, that horses first see negativity using their left eye; or that they first smell objects using their right stril the book thus reveals many aspects of the horse that will be unkwn to many and explains why and how this can help us with our training. It also explores how our own emotions and actions can affect the horse. The information is based on scientific research but presented in an easy-to-read format, and throughout the text there are practical tips for the rider and anecdotes of the author s experiences of working with both riders and horses.
- Author BiographyLarry Bensusan is a complementary health practitioner with both human and equine clients. He specialises in Shiatsu massage, nutrition, hypnotherapy, neuro-linguistic programming and thought-field therapy. Over the past fifteen years, he has given over 11,000 treatments to horses, successfully helping to alleviate their many different problems. He has treated horses in the racing industry, police horses, international three-day eventers, dressage horses, show jumpers, driving horses, the famous and the not so famous. He has owned, bred, ridden and driven many horses, purely for the exhilaration and enjoyment they bring, but also for the love they gave him. Whilst working with horses, he often wondered what these magnificent beasts were thinking and it was this notion that started his quest for understanding the emotions of the horse. He started to look at the scientific research that recorded how a horse responded to its environment and to humans. The book is the outcome of this exploration. Larry Bensusan lives in Suffolk, but travels the country treating equine and human clients and giving seminars and talks.
- Author(s)Larry Bensusan
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ.A.Allen & Co Ltd
- Content NoteColour photos and drawings throughout.
- Weight590 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.