All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do even the sincerest students of God's Word sometimes find it dry or confusing? Too often, Robertson McQuilkin suggest, it's because they don't kw how to read it. In his classic introduction to Bible study, McQuilkin shows everyday believers how to navigate the Bible's genres and plumb its thought structures with accuracy, experiencing afresh living encounters with the inspired Word. Newly revised and updated, <i>Understanding and Applying the Bible</i> also examines the most common errors in Bible reading. In the end, McQuilkin maintains Scripture can be understood by anyone, simply by following a set of straightforward and time-tested principles.</p>
- Author Biography<b>ROBERTSON McQUILKIN</b> served as the third president of Columbia International University from 1968 to 1990 and currently serves as the president emeritus. He resigned from the presidency to care for his wife, Muriel, who had reached the stage of Alzheimer s disease in which she needed full-time care. Prior to coming president of CIU, McQuilkin served as headmaster of Ben Lippen School, then for 12 years as a missionary in Japan. McQuilkin s writings have appeared in numerous journals and periodicals. Among the books he has published are <i>Understanding and Applying the Bible, Five Smooth Stones, Life in the Spirit, A Promise Kept, An Introduction to Biblical Ethics</i>, and <i>The Great Omission</i>. In 2003 McQuilkin married Deborah Jones Sink. Between them, Robertson and Deborah have nine children.
- Author(s)Robertson McQuilkin
- PublisherMoody Press,U.S.
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMoody Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.