All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding the Arab Culture is a thoroughly practical crosscultural guide to working with Arab cultures, written with theWesterner in mind.The book focuses more on the key differences than similarities, issues that Westerners will find puzzling, unusual or difficult to cope with. It is based on years of experience of lecturing to Westerners and a long list of frequently asked questions. It addresses Western perceptions and misconceptions of Arabs, Islam and the Arab world as well as some key Arab perceptions of the West. Many practical tips are given on a variety of issues, from exchanging appropriate gifts to negotiating techniques.
- Author BiographyDr Jehad Al-Omari, a highly experienced Cross-cultural Management Consultant, has been training Western executives in Arab affairs and cross-cultural issues since 1986. A regular lecturer and speaker with international institutions such as Farnham Castle, Cranfield School of Management and the Netherlands Institute of MBA studies, he also holds consultancy posts with numerous multinational firms operating in the Arab World. Dr Al-Omari runs training programmes in Europe and the Arab World and is engaged in a number of expatriation and repatriation studies in the Middle East.
- Author(s)Jehad Al-Omari
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication19/08/2008
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHow To Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight352 g
- Width158 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.