All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe fourth edition of Understanding the Contemporary Middle East has been fully revised and updated throughout to reflect the still-unfolding impact of the Arab Spring, the changing international environment, the impasse in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and much more. The book also includes an entirely new chapter on the role of women in the Middle East. Maps, photographs, and details of basic political data enhance the text, widely ackwledged as the best available introduction to the region.
- Author BiographyJillian Schwedler is professor of political science at Hunter College and the Graduate Center, City University of New York, USA. Her publications include Faith in Moderation: Islamist Parties in Jordan and Yemen and (with Laleh Khalili) Policing and Prisons in the Middle East: Formations of Coercion.
- PublisherLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJillian Schwedler
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.