All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together leading experts, this textbook explores the key social, political, ecomic and moral challenges that environmental problems pose for social policy in a global context. Combining theory and practice with an interdisciplinary approach, the book reviews the current strategies and policies and provides a critique of proposed future developments in the field. Understanding the environment and social policy guides the reader through the subject in an accessible way using chapter summaries, further reading, recommended webpages, a glossary and questions for discussion. Providing a much-needed overview, the book will be invaluable reading for students, teachers, activists, practitioners and policymakers.
- Author BiographyTony Fitzpatrick is Reader at the University of Nottingham, UK. He is the co-editor of the journal Policy & Politics and was the principal editor of the three-volume International Encyclopaedia of Social Policy (2006). His other recent books include Voyage to Utopias (Policy Press, 2010) and the second edition of Welfare Theory (2011).
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication08/02/2011
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleUnderstanding Welfare: Social Issues, Policy and Practice Series
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight599 g
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.