All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionThose working towards QTLS are required to demonstrate a critical understanding of the Further Education (FE) sector and the role of the FE practitioner. This book clearly identifies, particularly for the student teacher with prior experience, the social, cultural and political context of the sector's beginnings and explores how this continues to shape and constrain the sector's status and purpose, and the role and status of its teachers. The text encourages critical thinking about possible routes for change and future development. As increasing numbers of QTLS students are being encouraged to gain part of their qualification at M level, the need for an accessible and critical sourcebook about the FE sector, such as this, is essential.
- Author BiographySusan Wallace is the Professor of Continuing Education at Nottingham Trent University. Part of her role is to support learning on the initial training courses for teachers in the FE sector. She taught in the sector for ten years, including on BTEC programmes and Basic Skills provision. Her particular interest is in the motivation and behaviour of students in FE, and in mentoring and the ways in which a successful mentoring relationship can support personal and professional development. In her spare time she writes books, mainly aimed at teachers and student teachers in the sector.
- Author(s)Susan Wallace
- PublisherCritical Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleFurther Education
- Place of PublicationNorthwich
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintCritical Publishing Ltd
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, visual maps for all chapter content
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.