All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionTracing the evolution of the Israeli academic debate over history, politics, and collective identity, Understanding the Middle East Peace Process examines the Middle East peace process since Oslo and follows the discursive struggle over Israeli collective identity. Based on interviews with key protagonists, this book gives a detailed analysis of the interrelatedness of academic debate, societal discourse, and collective identity against the background of major political events in Israel. It charts the ascendancy and expansion of post-Zionism, outlines the emergence of neo-Zionism from the political right, and the re-appropriation of Zionism in light of the new political climate of peace-making. Ghazi-Bouillon provides a new perspective on the failure of the New Historians to revolutionize Israeli intellectual life and the failure of post-Zionism to revolutionize Israeli political life, whilst assessing neo-Zionism's potential to do both.
- Author BiographyAsima A. Ghazi-Bouillon obtained her doctorate in history from University College London. She also holds degrees in Jewish History and the Politics of Asia and Africa from University College London and the School of Oriental and African Studies. She has lived and worked throughout the Middle East, and has worked for the United Nations in New York.
- Author(s)Asima Ghazi-Bouillon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/01/2009
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies on the Arab-Israeli Conflict
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.