All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.03Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionDiversity is a term that incorporates social difference, social inequality, and the problems inherent to inequality. Understanding the Psychology of Diversity, Second Edition a wide-ranging textbook that covers the cognitive and emotional underpinnings of prejudice attached to all forms of inequality, and will be a very useful textbook for an array of students. The book features chapters on traditional prejudice topics such as categorization and stereotypes, sexism, racism, and social stigma. Mixed in with this content are further chapters that explore newer and more ntraditional diversity topics, such as sexual-orientation and social class-based prejudice, weight and appearance-based prejudice, and diversity on television. Key Features: 'Diversity Issue' boxes, spotlighted in each chapter, center around recent issues, or research findings related to prejudice or social stigma'Making Connections' questions interspersed throughout chapters stop readers and encourage them to think more deeply about issues/ concepts just coveredIncludes Summaries, Key Terms, Further Readings, and interesting Websites Understanding the Psychology of Diversity will be a perfect textbook for courses on the Psychology of Diversity, Prejudice, Stereotyping and Discrimination as well as Race and Gender.
- Author BiographyBruce E. Blaine (PhD, SUNY at Buffalo) is Professor of Psychology and Director of the Statistics Program at St. John Fisher College in Rochester, NY. He is widely published in social and health psychology. His other research interests include obesity treatment effectiveness and meta-analytic research methods.
- Author(s)Bruce Evan Blaine
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication22/10/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date09/06/2017
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.