All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionA detailed review of underwater channel characteristics, Underwater Acoustic Sensor Networks investigates the fundamental aspects of underwater communication. Prominent researchers from around the world consider contemporary challenges in the development of underwater acoustic sensor networks (UW-ASNs) and introduce a cross-layer approach for effective integration of all communication functionalities. Discussing architectures for two- and three-dimensional sensor networks, this authoritative resource clearly delineates the main differences between terrestrial and underwater sensor networks-covering the wide range of topics related to UW-ASNs. It examines efficient distributed routing algorithms for delay-insensitive and delay-sensitive applications and introduces a realistic acoustic model characterized by channel utilization efficiency that enables proper setting of the optimal packet size for underwater communication. It also: Provides efficient sensor communication protocols for the underwater environment Addresses the topology control problem for sparse and dense 3D networks Presents a vel distributed MAC protocol that incorporates a unique closed-loop distributed algorithm for setting the optimal transmit power and code length The book includes coverage of routing, fault tolerance, time synchronization, optimal clustering, medium access control, software, hardware, and channel modeling. Exploring the need to design an energy-efficient cross-layer protocol suite, this resource provides the understanding required to achieve high-performance channel access, routing, event transport reliability, and data flow control with underwater acoustic sensors.
- Author BiographyThe University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, USA
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/2010
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note128 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byYang Xiao
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.