Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionAcross Britain more and more people are choosing to igre the criminal justice system and exact their own form of primitive revenge. On 1 November 2008, 23-year-old hoodie Donald Donlan was brutally stabbed to death in an alleyway in Manchester. Two women and two men have been arrested for his murder. 'Donlan was a neighbour from hell, a yob who caused thing but trouble,' said a neighbour. 'No one would be surprised if someone decided to get even with him for all the misery he has caused.' The current wave of vigilantism began when the News of the World's 'name-and-shame' anti-paedophile campaign resulted in a 150-strong stone-throwing mob out on the streets of Portsmouth in August 2000, and the founding of the National Vigilante Organisation, which calls for the return of the death penalty and boasts on its website a page called 'Nonce Watch.' In Vigilantes Nigel Cawthorne exposes the astonishing scale of the phemen in modern Britain - from the murderers and rapists executed by righteous avengers to the incent victims in tragic cases of mistaken identity, from rampaging, almost comically igrant mobs who mistake 'paediatricians' for 'paedophiles' to medieval-style vigilantes parading thieves through the streets with signs around their necks. For our society it boils down to a simple question: how can we fight crime with more crime?
- Author BiographyNigel Cawthorne is a true crime specialist, the author of such titles as Spree Killers, Sex Killers, Satanic Murder, Black Magic Murder, Killers, the Mammoth Book of Killers at Large and, most recently, House of Horrors - The True Story of Josef Fritzl, The Father From Hell. He also worked on Marshall Cavendish's long-running partwork Murder Casebook.
- Author(s)Nigel Cawthorne
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication02/09/2010
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Out-of-print date14/11/2012
- Content Note8pp b&w photos
- Weight181 g
- Width132 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.