All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionIn Undoing Mogamy Angela Willey offers a radically interdisciplinary exploration of the concept of mogamy in U.S. science and culture, propelled by queer feminist desires for new modes of conceptualization and new forms of belonging. She approaches the politics and materiality of mogamy as intertwined with one ather such that disciplinary ways of kwing themselves become an object of critical inquiry. Refusing to answer the naturalization of mogamy with a naturalization of nmogamy, Willey demands a critical reorientation toward the mogamy question in the natural sciences, social sciences, and humanities. The book examines colonial sexual science, mogamous voles, polyamory, and the work of Alison Bechdel and Audre Lorde to show how challenging the lens through which human nature is seen as mogamous or nmogamous forces us to reconsider our investments in coupling and in disciplinary tions of biological bodies.
- Author BiographyAngela Willey is Assistant Professor of Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- Author(s)Angela Willey
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication13/05/2016
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note9 illsutrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.