All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.15
About this product
- DescriptionGermany 1947. A war lost, a country divided while shadows of the past linger over cities in rubble. Hunger is paired with self-pirty. When an additional twelve million expelled Germans from Pomerania and East Prussia arrive in the Rhineland and Bavaria, among them the Marlow family, the burden gets unbearable. German refugees are cursed and despised by their own nation in the west. Except on the Ten Eicken estate, where the Marlows are billeted by the Allied Forces during postwar years to work as farmhands. Haunted by the horrors of war, Lotte Marlow who lost everything in the east and Hilda Eicken, the mistress of the mansion, develop an unusual friendship while trying to rebuild their lives. The past is forgotten, until nine years later the last missing soldiers return from Siberian prisioner of war camps. Among them is a man, Hilda believed dead. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, some forty five years later, Christina Eicken returns from North America to Germany to retrace her family history with the help of Lotte Marlow. Together they attempt to undress shadows of a past which still conceals a family secret. Undressing Shadows is based on a true story.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised in Germany, Ursula Tillmann immigrated as a teenager to Canada and studied journalism in Calgary, Alberta. She worked for Canadian and German newspapers for over twenty years, foacusing on politics, history, investigative journalism and human interest stories. After the fall of the BerlinWall, she reported extensively about changes in Eastern Europe. She received several awards for writing, photography and poetry in both Canada and Europe. Ursula has published a selection of her poetry as well as two photography books. She now lives in the Canadian Rocky Mountains, in Canmore, where she is working on two more novels.
- Author(s)Ursula Tillmann
- Date of Publication13/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.