All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionUnger's Commentary on the Gospels is a brand new, never-published edition of the observations and teachings of Dr. Merrill Unger on the New Testament Gospels. Included in this volume is a book introduction for each of the four gospels and a thorough verse-by-verse commentary on this New Testament group of books. The constant thought on Unger's mind was teaching and explaining the Scriptures. Former Dallas Theological Seminary president John F. Walvoord, in his own biography, writes about Dr. Unger: He was an incessant writer and was extremely capable as a wordsmith. When traveling on a cross-country automobile trip, he often wrote in a tepad on his lap while his wife drove. The story is also told that when he stood in line waiting to get a ticket at the airline counter, he jotted down ideas for anew book (Blessed Hope, AMG Publishers). Just as he did in the classroom for over twenty years, Dr. Unger pours his heart and soul into teaching the Word. As one student said, he had a way of being absorbed in the verses but then lifting the students into the heavens as to what the Lord was telling us in the words of the text. Inside these pagesis a collection of the observations and teachings of one of the finest Bible scholars of the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyMerrill Frederick Unger (1909-1980) received his BA from John Hopkins University, a Th.M. and Th.D. from Dallas Theological Seminary, and then returned to John Hopkins to earn his Ph.D. in Hebrew and Semitic languages. Dr. Unger served as professor of Semitics and Old Testament at Dallas Theological Seminary from 1948 to 1967. He is best remembered for his many reference works: Archaeology and the Old Testament, Introductory Guide to the Old Testament, Unger's Bible Dictionary, and Unger's Bible Handbook.
- Author(s)Merrill Unger
- PublisherAMG Publishers
- Date of Publication07/11/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAMG Publishers
- Weight953 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.