All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.25Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- DescriptionCould it be that the one who is smiling at you as he hands you the offering plate is abusing his wife at home? What if your Sunday school teacher, who kws so much about the Bible, is abusing his family behind closed doors? Is it possible that one of the elders or even the pastor of your church is practicing an unholy charade? If the spouse of one of these abusers comes to you for help, would you even be able to recognize the signs? How will you understand the dynamics of this deceiving evil? Pastor and author Jeff Crippen presents Christ's body with a work steeped in Scripture that lays before us a map of the abusive mind, the tactics of abuse, the effects abuse has on its victims, and the tragic way our churches have failed the victims of this sin. He issues a clarion call for those who love Christ to answer the call to love the oppressed and speak for the victims, as Proverbs 31:9 says: Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy. Together we can root out the wolves in the midst of the flock and unmask the domestic abuser in the church hiding in our pews.
- Author BiographyJeff Crippen's sermon series on domestic abuse published on Sermon Audio led to his first book, A Cry for Justice: How the Evil of Domestic Abuse Hides in Your Church! and the blog www.cryingoutforjustice.com. He has been a pastor for over thirty years, more than twenty of those with the people of Christ Reformation Church in Tillamook, Oregon, his partners in crying out for justice. He and his wife Verla have been married for over forty years and have two adult children. Rebecca Davis is a a writer and editor with a passion to help the oppressed.
- Author(s)Jeff Crippen
- PublisherJustice Keepers Publishing
- Date of Publication07/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJustice Keepers Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.