All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionUnifying Educational Systems encourages leaders to move beyond the traditional forms and rituals of leadership for special education that are caught within traditional definitions of a continuum of services. Grounded in public policy debates, research on teaching and learning, and an emerging consensus throughout the leadership community that calls into question our current practices, chapters in this volume provide a discussion of the purpose, principles, and paradoxes extant in the implementation of current special education policy. Chapter authors discuss how students are currently served, the feasibility of re-conceptualizing special education leadership in the current policy context, and the challenges for the future. Ultimately, Unifying Educational Systems calls for a new policy framework to integrate special education within the larger instructional support system in schools, in order to support a social justice and inclusive practices agenda.
- Author BiographyLeonard C. Burrello is Professor and Chair of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies at University of South Florida, USA. Wayne Sailor is Professor of Special Education, 2012 Budig Teaching Professor, and Co-Associate Director of the Beach Center on Disability at University of Kansas, USA. Jeannie Kleinhammer-Tramill is Professor and Doctoral Program Coordinator for the Department of Special Education at University of South Florida, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/12/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white tables
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edited byJeannie Kleinhammer-Tramill,Leonard C. Burrello,Wayne Sailor
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.