All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.08Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionOne way to interest students about a culture and to help them understand it is to introduce them to the culture through one of its games. Games and sports are central to human cultures all around the world and they reflect various cultural preferences. This unique ready-reference collection describes and provides the rules for over 300 diverse games and sports from many different countries worldwide. Students and teachers can use this resource to discover the place of games in various cultures and to try playing the games from the cultures they are studying. Emphasis is placed on rare and original games and sports, providing a unique perspective on countries from every continent. Each entry provides information on who typically plays the game in that culture, what the object of the game is, what the symbolism behind the game is, the equipment needed to play the game, and the rules for playing it. Those games that are appropriate for classroom replication are ted. Students will use this volume to enlighten their understanding of cultural diversity while having fun and educators will find new games to add to their lesson plans to keep their students' interest levels high.
- Author BiographyDORIS CORBETT is a Sport Sociologist and Professor at Howard University. She is the author of Outstanding Athletes of Congress. JOHN CHEFFERS is Professor of Education and Coordinator of the Human Movement Program at Boston University. EILEEN CROWLEY SULLIVAN is Assistant Professor in the Human Movement Program at Boston University.
- Date of Publication30/01/2001
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight565 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byDoris Corbett,Eileen Crowley Sullivan,John Cheffers
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.