All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.00Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.09
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $37.76Trending at AU $39.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe United States (US) and India have recently several initiatives that could lead to a strong strategic partnership. India visualizes a major role for itself in the current world order and the US ackwledges this possibility. India seeks lasting partnerships achieve its strategic ambitions. The primary question of this thesis is, Will the current partnership agreements between the US and India further India's long-term national interests? Despite holding many common values including support for democracy, India and the US have t shared a very cordial relationship in the past. However, since the end of the Cold War, the two nations have moved closer towards a much consistent relationship. This study assesses the possibility of India achieving the objectives through a lasting partnership with the US vis-a-vis partnerships with other major global players. The study indicates that there is a great potential for security partnership but the current efforts are more rhetorical than practical. The real convergence of interests between India and the US is visible in the ecomic and techlogical arenas. The history indicates that the US is t a reliable security partner for India, r will it be in a position to support India in the event of war with either Pakistan or China. This thesis recommends that India continues to pursue multilateralism adopting a combination of realist and liberal policy which is likely to safeguard its long-term national interests.
- Author(s)Vikas Slathia
- Date of Publication19/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight263 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.