All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis reference work provides complete returns for the presidential elections by state and county for the period 1788 to 1860. This information is where else available in one volume, and much of it has been pieced together through years of research of original sources of many kinds. The work begins with a history of voting for presidential electors and the influence of political parties on the electors, and prefaces the main text with listings of election dates, county names (past and present), party abbreviations used in the book, and counties created following each state's first popular election of electors. The main part of the book, the election returns, includes each candidate's name, party, number of votes and percentage of votes. Explanatory foottes and source information accompany the returns, as well as maps that show presidential election districts for those states and elections when presidential elections were so conducted. Researchers familiar with Mr. Dubin's massive Congressional Elections work will understand the scope, detail, accuracy and uniqueness of this new work.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Dubin, a retired teacher, lives in Sun City West, Arizona.
- Author(s)Michael J. Dubin
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notemaps
- Weight590 g
- Width203 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.