All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnity for Absolute Beginners walks you through the fundamentals of creating a small third-person shooter game with Unity. Using the free version of Unity to begin your game development career, you'll learn how to import, evaluate and manage your game resources to create awesome third-person shooters. This book assumes that you have little or experience with game development, scripting, or 3D assets, and that you're eager to start creating games as quickly as possible, while learning Unity in a fun and interactive environment. With Unity for Absolute Beginners you'll become familiar with the Unity editor, key concepts and functionality. You'll learn how to import, evaluate and manage resources. You'll explore C# scripting in Unity, and learn how to use the Unity API. Using the provided art assets, you will learn the fundamentals of good game design and iterative refinement as you take your game from a simple prototype to a quirky, but challenging variation of the ever-popular first-person shooter. As can be expected, there will be plenty of destruction, special effects and mayhem along the way. Unity for Absolute Beginners assumes that you have little or experience with game development, scripting, or 3D assets, but are eager to get up-to-speed as quickly as possible while learning Unity in a fun and interactive environment.
- Author BiographySue Blackman has been an instructor in the 3D field for nearly 20 years at art schools and community colleges. She has been involved with the commercial development of real-time 3D engines for more than 10 years. In the past, she has been a contributing author for New Riders Press (Max4 Magic) and written for AMC Siggraph on serious games. She has written product training materials and instruction manuals for developing content with real-time 3D applications, used by multimedia departments in Fortune 1000 companies including Boeing, Raytheon, and Lockheed Martin, among others. In addition to writing and teaching, Sue has been the lead 3D artist on several games for Activision and its subsidiaries.
- Author(s)Jenny Wang,Sue Blackman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication13/06/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note540 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1140 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
Most relevant reviews
- kourelaki05 Jul, 2016by
Great book for a Unity beginner
I'm new to Unity and C# with a small background programming experience, this book really kicked me into Unity development.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.