All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDESCRIPTION A lot goes into publishing a successful game: amazing artwork, advanced programming techniques, creative story and gameplay, and highly-collaborative teamwork-t to mention flawless rendering and smooth performance on platforms ranging from game consoles to mobile phones. The Unity game development platform combines a powerful rendering engine with the professional code and art workflow tools needed to bring games to life. Unity in Action focuses on the programming part of game development (as opposed to art or design) and teaches readers to create projects in multiple game genres. Building on existing programming experience, readers will work through examples using the Unity toolset, adding the skills needed to go from application coder to game developer. They will leave the book with a well-rounded understanding of how to create graphically driven 2D and 3D applications. Key Features Covers Unity's new 2D game features Simplifies 3D game development Make games for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and more AUDIENCE Examples are presented in C# and should be clear to readers familiar with any OOP language. No previous experience with Unity or game development is required. ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY Unity, a professional quality game engine, is one of the most accessible modern tools for newcomers to game development. It powers games that run the gamut from retro 2D graphics to cutting edge 3D. And the ability to deploy to every major gaming platform, including both mobile (iOS and Android) and consoles, is a huge advantage.
- Author BiographyJoe Hocking is a Software Engineer with Synapse Games specializing in interactive media development. He builds mobile and web games, such as the recently released Tyrant Unleashed. Joe also teaches classes in game development at Columbia College Chicago.
- Author(s)Joesph Hocking
- PublisherManning Publications
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintManning Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight604 g
- Width191 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Most relevant reviews
- raik_part06 Apr, 2016by
Realy good and educating book.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.