All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<p>In the third edition of his classic work, revised extensively and updated to include recent developments on the international scene, Jack Donnelly explains and defends a richly interdisciplinary account of human rights as universal rights. He shows that any conception of human rights and the idea of human rights itself is historically specific and contingent. Since publication of the first edition in 1989, Universal Human Rights in Theory and Practice has justified Donnelly's claim that conceptual clarity, the fruit of sound theory, can facilitate action. At the very least it can help to unmask the arguments of dictators and their allies.
- Author BiographyJack Donnelly is Andrew Mellon Professor and John Evans Professor at the Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver. His other books include International Human Rights and Realism in International Relations.
- Author(s)Jack Donnelly
- PublisherCornell University Press
- Date of Publication04/04/2013
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationIthaca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCornell University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.