Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionBelieving that current educational policies and practices in American institutions of higher learning contribute to an incoherent, disjunctive, and wasteful four-year experience for many undergraduates, the author provides a sense of new direction to aid in the restructuring and reform of undergraduate education in America. The primary question of the work is: How can the years of undergraduate education empower the student with the kwledge and integrated set of skills needed for a lifetime of learning and productive work? Boudreau focuses on the primary responsibility of all institutions of higher learning to provide a superior undergraduate education. All other functions of a university should be secondary to this commitment. Unfortunately, this basic premise seems lost today. This work argues that universities must undergo significant reform and renewal, especially at the undergraduate level, if they are to prepare students successfully for the future.
- Author BiographyTHOMAS E. BOUDREAU is an Assistant Professor at The School for Social and Systemic Studies at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He is the author of Sheathing the Sword (Greenwood, 1991).
- Author(s)Thomas E. Boudreau
- Date of Publication12/05/1998
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight484 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byJohn M. Carfora
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.