All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a book about the challenges and uncertainties facing today's university, a chronicle of recent and current changes in higher education in the world. There are many questions today that are sufficiently open to doubt and profoundly related to new developments, to justify new enquiries, by looking freshly and more closely at the actual configurations and at their historical grounds, for providing the new standard account of the university today. Vlasceanu discusses the inherent contradiction between academia on the one hand, and expectations and regulations of the market on the other. This title analyses demographic and other statistical characteristics of today's higher education. It examines the financial basis of universities, describes current governance models, and sets up a new typology of universities.
- Author BiographyLazar Vlasceanu is Head of the Sociology Department, Bucharest University. He is also vice-president of the Romanian Council on University Research, and member of the Council of the Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education.
- Author(s)Lazar Vlasceanu
- PublisherCentral European University Press
- Date of Publication30/12/2009
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationBudapest
- Country of PublicationHungary
- ImprintCentral European University Press
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.