All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionInterdisciplinarity is an inflationary concept in the discourses of higher education and science policy. Yet, some recent structural reforms in European and US universities reflect fundamental changes in the organisation of kwledge production and teaching. This publication takes a fresh look at the meaning given to the concept of interdisciplinarity with these reforms. It presents examples of different forms of interdisciplinary research and teaching. These case studies are put in the broader context of reflections on developments in the organisation of universities and their implications for kwledge production.
- Author BiographyPeter Weingart (Prof. em. Dr.) is former director of the Institut fur Wissenschafts- und Technikforschung (IWT) of Bielefeld University. From 1989-1994 he was the Managing Director of the Center for Interdisciplinary Research (ZiF). Britta Padberg (Dr.) manages the Center for Interdisciplinary Research (ZiF) of Bielefeld University.
- PublisherTranscript Verlag
- Date of Publication15/01/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleScience Studies
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTranscript Verlag
- Content Note2 b/w illus
- Weight328 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byBritta Padberg,Peter Weingart
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.