All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionCanadian universities face a complicated and uncertain future when it comes to funding, governance, and fostering invation. Their leaders face an equally complicated future, attempting to balance the needs and desires of students, faculty, governments, and the ecomy. Drawing on more than a decade of service as president of one of Canada's major research universities, Peter MacKinn offers an insider's perspective on the challenges involved in bringing those constituencies together in the pursuit of excellence. Clear, contentious, and uncompromising, University Leadership and Public Policy in the Twenty-First Century offers a unique and timely analysis of the key policy issues affecting Canada's university sector. Covering topics such as strategic planning, tuition policy, labour relations, and governance, MacKinn draws on his experience leading the University of Saskatchewan to argue that Canadian universities must embrace competitiveness and change if they are to succeed in the global race for talent.
- Author BiographyPeter MacKinnon is President Emeritus of the University of Saskatchewan. From 2003 to 2005 he was the chair of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada.
- Author(s)Peter MacKinnon
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication08/12/2014
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Out-of-print date09/09/2016
- Weight420 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.