Unleashing Microsoft Windows Vista Media Center by Mark Edward Soper (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.39+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionFor most Windows Vista users, Media Center is unkwn territory. Unleashing Microsoft(R) Windows Vista(R) Media Center shows both newbies and experienced Media Center users how to use Media Center to experience music, photos, videos, movies, TV shows, and games in a whole new way. Windows Vista Media Center takes full advantage of the latest multimedia features: widescreen displays, HDTV, and Media Center Extenders. Mark Edward Soper shows you how to use these and other new and improved features to make the most of your Windows Vista multimedia experience. You won't find a single book that devotes this much attention to Media Center. Unlock your PC's hidden multimedia talents and turn your office, living room, and whole home into a multimedia paradise that will leave your friends drooling. Unleashing Microsoft(R) Windows Vista(R) Media Center is your indispensable guide to Vista Media Center! Here's a sample of what you'll find inside * Complete coverage of every feature of Windows Vista Media Center * Learn how to import video, photos, and music to enhance your entertainment experience* Discover better TV viewing and recording with new support for HDTV signals* Share the fun of Windows Vista Media Center with Media Center Extenders* Create customized CDs and DVDs of your favorite videos, TV shows, audios, and photos* Feature checklists help you design the perfect Media Center PC or upgrade your PC for Media Center* Use your Media Center PC with Microsoft Windows Home Server* Troubleshoot common problems with Media Center* Tips and tricks to help you get the most out of Media Center Introduction 1 Part I: Getting Started with Windows Vista Media Center Chapter 1: Introducing Windows Vista Media Center 9 Chapter 2: Equipping Your PC for Media Center 19 Chapter 3: Setting Up Windows Media Center 53 Part II: Enjoying Media with Windows Media Center Chapter 4: Viewing and Recording Live TV 85 Chapter 5: Watching and Recording Movies 137 Chapter 6: Importing and Playing Audio 165 Chapter 7: Importing and Viewing Photos 189 Part III: Beyond the Basics of Windows Media Center Chapter 8: Enjoying Sports with Windows Media Center 223 Chapter 9: Playing Games and Enjoying Online Resources 251 Chapter 10: Creating CDs and DVDs 289 Part IV: Adding Windows Vista Media Center to Your Home Network Chapter 11: Adding and Using Media Center Extenders 315 Chapter 12: Connecting with Windows Home Server and Other PCs 337 Part V: Enhancing Windows Vista Media Center Chapter 13: Using Windows Media Player with Windows Media Center 375 Chapter 14: Creating Photo and Video Content for Media Center 393 Chapter 15: Extending Media Center with Third-Party Apps 435 Chapter 16: Troubleshooting Media Center 469 Part VI: Appendices Appendix A: Using Windows Anytime Upgrade to Get WMC Features and More 499 Appendix B: Moving from Windows XP Media Center Editions to Windows Vista Media Center 503 Index 509
- Author BiographyMark Edward Soper has taught computer troubleshooting and other technical subjects to thousands of students from Maine to Hawaii since 1992. Mark is the author of nine books, most recently Maximum PC Microsoft Windows Vista Exposed, and coauthor of nine books, most recently Upgrading and Repairing Networks, 5th Edition. He is a longtime contributor to Upgrading and Repairing PCs, working on the 11th through 18th editions. He has contributed chapters to Upgrading and Repairing Networks Second Edition, Special Edition Using Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition, Special Edition Using Microsoft Windows XP (all editions) and Special Edition Using Microsoft Windows Vista. Mark is currently writing Upgrading and Repairing PCs: A+ Certification Study Guide, 3rd Edition. He is a regular contributor to Maximum PC magazine and website and has contributed chapters to Maximum PC Guide to Building a Dream PC and Maximum PC Ultimate PC Performance Guide.
- Author(s)Mark Edward Soper
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication23/10/2008
- SubjectComputing: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight857 g
- Width181 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.