All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $15.89
About this product
- DescriptionIn the tradition of Edward Lear, Hilaire Belloc, and G. K. Chesterton, Linda Quilt's imaginative fables recount the adventures of six bizarrely gifted child prodigies who wreak havoc on their baffled families. Sweet Melinda, for example, has a toad that hops out of her mouth each time she tells a lie; consequently, she's fiercely committed to telling the truth even in the face of fat aunts who eat too much cream cake or pimpled boys who declare their love to her. In ather tale, shy Howab realizes that he can make people disappear simply by saying his own name out loud - which just might doom some hated teachers to a grim fate. And then there's dear Norm - the poor fellow is so utterly rmal that body can remember him, t even his own parents, who wonder every day at the strange little boy who comes home from school. These fantastic and creative tales, with equally marvelous illustrations by Michael Sowa, will capture the excitement of readers of all ages and have them debating whether these extraordinary children are sly monsters or incent victims of their astonishing talents.
- Author BiographyIt is rumored that Linda Quilt was born in a small village near Stratford-upon-Avon, which has since vanished mysteriously from the maps of Great Britain. German poet and editor Hans Magnus Enzensberger was so impressed when he received Quilt's unpublished manuscript in the mail that he found a famous illustrator for her book and shepherded it to publication. Michael Sowa paints pictures and illustrates books; his collection of animal portraits, Arche Sowa, was published by Sanssouci.
- Author(s)Linda Quilt
- PublisherSeagull Books London Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2011
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleSeagull World Literature
- Place of PublicationGreenford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSeagull Books London Ltd
- Content Note10 colour plates
- Weight338 g
- Width140 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Illustrator(s)Michael Sowa
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.