All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionEnergy invation offers us our best chance to solve the three urgent and interrelated problems of climate change, worldwide insecurity over energy supplies, and rapidly growing energy demand. But if we are to achieve a timely transition to reliable, low-cost, low-carbon energy, the U.S. energy invation system must be radically overhauled. Unlocking Energy Invation outlines an up-to-the-minute plan for remaking America's energy invation system by tapping the country's entrepreneurial strengths and regional diversity in both the public and private spheres. Business as usual will t fill the energy invation gap. Only the kind of systemic, transformative changes to our energy invation system described in this provocative book will help us avert the most dire scenarios and achieve a sustainable and secure energy future.
- Author BiographyDavid M. Hart is Professor in the School of Public Policy and Director of the Center for Science and Technology Policy at George Mason University. He is the author of Forged Consensus: Science, Technology, and Economic Policy in the United States, 1921--1953. He served as Assistant Director for Innovation Policy in the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy from 2011 to 2012.
- Author(s)David M. Hart,Richard K. Lester
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight345 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.