All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is based on a major scientific discovery, the Integral System, by Professor Petros (Australia) and Professor Ulmsten (Sweden) who proposed that bowel and bladder problems originate mainly from a damaged vagina or the ligaments which support it and t from the organs themselves. One application, the midurethral sling operation, also invented by Petros & Ulmsten, has changed the lives of millions of women since the year 2000, converting a painful operation involving a12 day hospital stay with indwelling urinary catheters, to a fairly painless day-care operation. The experience of myself and other surgeons confirms cure or major improvement of other symptoms, urgency, cturia, pelvic pain and bowel incontinence, following similar day-care repair of other ligaments. It takes many years for such a radical change in thinking to become widely kwn. This book is timely. It informs women how damaged vaginal ligaments can cause specific problem and how such problems can be cured or improved with a time-efficient pelvic floor regime, or with minimally invasive surgery.
- Author BiographyProfessor Peter Petros, DSc DS (UWA) PhD (Uppsala) MB BS MD (Syd) FRCOG (Lond) FRANZCOG CU is a highly experienced pelvic floor reconstructive surgeon. He is internationally recognized as a leader in the field of incontinence and prolapse both in basic science and surgery. He has written a major medical textbook on The Female Pelvic Floor now in its 3rd edition, which has been translated into 8 languages. He now lives and works in Sydney.
- Author(s)Joan McCredie,Patricia Skilling,Peter Petros
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight181 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.