All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
About this product
- DescriptionThis short booklet describes the Messianic prophecies and their fulfilment. It was after the fall, when the outlook for Adam and Eve seemed bleak that the first Messianic promise was given (Genesis 3:15). Eve was promised that one her descendants would destroy the serpent (Satan). More details were added over time, how he would smite the wicked and all nations would be blessed through him. He would usher in a reign of peace, happiness and safety when nature will be changed, harmful animals will become tame, and people would live forever. The ultimate goal of the Deliverer is to save the lost restore the earth to its Edenic state. David is a type of the Messiah, his early life when he was persecuted prefigures the sufferings of the Messiah before receiving his kingdom. The Messiah brings the light of salvation and God's law to the Gentiles. Habakkuk describes his hidden power as glory emanating from the wounds in his side. He is also called the Suffering Servant who is rejected and despised by men, he dies for the people and makes intercession for them (Isaiah 53). Later he sees the travail of his soul and is satisfied; many would be eternally saved by his sacrifice. Often neglected is his role as a priest, and how he would suddenly come to his temple. The basis of his divinity is given from the Hebrew Bible, and how it was prophesied that he would rise from the dead and ascend to the right hand of God. It is there that he performs his role as High Priest in the heavenly temple before returning to earth in glory to deliver his people. The fulfilment of these prophecies is covered in the last chapter. Not everyone is guaranteed a place in his kingdom unless they put their faith in the Messiah and obey God's holy laws. It is vitally important to understand who the Messiah is and believe in him while the door of mercy is still open.
- Author BiographyMarc Rasell was born in Oxford and grew up in a countryside village in Oxfordshire. He became a member of the Anglican Church at the age of 12 where he heard the Word of God and was converted. He later went on to become a Seventh-day Adventist after accepting the Sabbath truth. He studied at Newbold College, Bracknell and received a BA in Theology and then an MA in Religion, accredited by Andrews University. He spent a year in South Korea teaching English as a foreign language and some Bible lessons. He worked for a couple of years at the Adventist Discovery Centre at the British Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists in Watford. He was called by the church to work as a ministerial intern and then as a licensed minister for the South England Conference of Seventh-day Adventists in East Anglia and Cornwall. He currently is a member of a church in Cornwall where he writes and promotes the beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Author(s)Marc Rasell
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication19/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.